When I look at my life right now, there are so many areas I want to change. 2020 has mined some of the darkest recesses of my soul and carted the ugly cargo to the surface. As I sit here at the dawn of a New Year, I have a long way to go.
Today, I’m returning to the good news that grounds my transformation in something bigger than my effort. Because more important than my determination to change is God’s resolve to act on my behalf at the beginning of every new year—from the deep wells of his lovingkindness, in view of the abounding righteousness of Christ’s merit, secured by his irreversible resurrection, sustained by his unstoppable intercession, preparing us for eternal joy in a world without COVID-19.
May these passages encourage your soul for the adventures to come!
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” (Prov. 3: 5-6)
- “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” (Is 40: 31)
- “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jer. 29: 11)
- “And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matt. 28: 20)
- “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever” (John. 14: 15-16)
- “He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?” (Rom. 8: 32)
- “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.” (James 1: 5)
I wish you a very Happy New Year!