Personal update: Many of you know that we recently lost our youngest daughter. While we are experiencing persevering grace in many remarkable ways, grief has still attacked my capacity to work on multiple fronts. I’m not surprised by this. Friends told me to expect it and I recently read about Lewis’s struggle in A Grief Observed, “No one ever told me about the laziness of grief…Not only writing but even reading a letter is too much”.
Anyway, I’m now taking some steps to simplify my life so I can be of service to Kimm and Jace while also leading Great Commission Collective. These steps include signing off of social media for a season and making the revdaveharvey.com site static. The website is still up and the resources remain available. I just won’t be posting for a while.
If you are inclined to pray, please support these goals in your prayers.
- I want to suspend judgement on why God took our beloved daughter until the day I can ask him face to face. (Psalm 131; Prov. 3: 5; 1 Cor 13: 12)
- I want to talk honestly about how I feel with trusted people who I know can help me. (Psalm 142; 2 Cor. 1: 3-5; Gal. 6: 2)
- I want to seek comfort in God and his Word more than I seek the distraction of screen-time, social media or sleep. (Psalm 1: 1-3; Heb. 4:12)
- I want to resist self-pity (the black hole of loss) and grieve in view of God’s goodness. (Psalm 23; 46; 103; Matt. 11: 29-30; Rom. 8:28)
- I want to ask God to give me the resilience and renewal I need to raise Jace well. (Joshua 1: 1-9; Is. 40: 27-31; Gal. 6:9)
- I want to use this season as an opportunity to freshly examine what kind of life and witness I want to leave behind. (Psalm 90: 1-12; Psalm 139: 23-24; Phil. 3: 7-15)
I hope to reengage sometime in the future. I’m grateful for your friendship and support. Thank you.